Come and join the Churt village club. For only £6 membership for the year you have a great social place to meet, make new friends and enjoy the use of the snooker table, pool table, darts and a large screen and excellent priced drinks.
To become a member just come in and ask at the bar.
1908 saw the building of what we know now as the Churt Club. It was originally built as a Temperance Room - a place where gentlemen met, also called a 'Reading Room'
The building has seen many changes over the years, the last major addition being 50 years ago in 1957/8 when the current Churt Club Chairman, George Woods, helped to build The Rose Room. The Rose Room was donated by Colonel and Mrs Rose for the ladies of the Village. Today it is the Club's snooker room and has been updated this year with new windows and patio doors. In 2006 the bar was rebuilt by Steve Kemp and George Woods, giving us now a wonderful bar area.
Over the years the building and club evolved from a Gentleman's Meeting House to Service Men's Institute during the war, where service men camping on Frensham Common were made to feel welcome. After the war members leased the Institute at a peppercorn rent and named it the Working Man's Club which they planned to run themselves as an experiment in 'self-government'.
More recently Churt Club has evolved again and is where young and old, the unfit and sport, meet for friendship. The Club today has around 150 members who enjoy monthly events such as bingo, whist and quiz nights along with annual events at Christmas, New Year's Eve, Summer Fun Days and Panto. So please join us and become part of the Club's history.
There is also a weekly aerobics or Keep Fit class held there on Monday evenings from 7-8pm at a cost of £4.00. All are welcome. Contact Penny Blanchard for more details
Further events may be found on the Village Diary Page of this web site